We are currently seeking a Project Manager to oversee operation of the FHC Experience and associated projects.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Centre including recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Managing budget and income. Preparing and distributing weekly revenue and footfall reports. Issuing invoices and receipts. Producing periodic and annual reports for key funders including Fáilte Ireland. Account reconciliation. Managing the cheque book.
- Implementing a marketing plan to grow visitor numbers, attending trade shows and tourism events, updating the website, running social media accounts and representing the FHCE in media interviews.
- Seeking additional opportunities and partnerships for funding of the FHCE.
- Taking bookings and answering enquiries.
- Organising a varied calendar of events.
- Providing excellent customer service to all visitors and giving guided tours.
- Maintenance of facilities.
- Carrying out any other duties as required for the role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated administrative and organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with the ability to work independently.
- Social media savvy.
- Energy and enthusiasm with a high level of personal investment in the job.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Educated to degree level OR have equivalent experience
An interest in heritage and/or the equine sector is desirable but not essential. This is a very varied role and the ideal candidate will need to be flexible and resourceful. This role will involve weekend work.
Position Type: Full-time
Closing date for applications: February 14th 2020
Expected start date: March – April 2020
This position is subject to a three-month probation period.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and a cover letter which outlines how you match the personal specification to email@example.com.
Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you.